Saturday, February 13, 2016

Treadless tracks on the beach

For my last few years of working, my job related to vehicle safety inspections for the provincial government in Canada. Perhaps that's why I often point out vehicles that would not pass a safety inspection. I must admit, I think the requirements here may be more lax than I'm used to. Take, for example, this vehicle we saw yesterday.





The practical solution for ill-fitting doors? Just take them off! The seat is so torn up, I can't imagine sitting on it. The white you see to the left of the steering wheel was some type of gauge wired and hanging down. I'll just say the vehicle seems to also be missing some other parts.




We pass this vehicle most days, always parked in the same location. I often question, out loud, whether it ever leaves that spot. Looks a little rough, doesn't it?




It looks worse from the back, and even worse again when you get up close. Greg touched the dark red panels at the back and they moved easily in his hand, and they're not attached to the rest of the truck along the top. Look carefully where the tailgate should be and you'll see a yellow rope holding the two sides up.




You'll see the windshield is shattered, and has three white stickers. Greg wondered about the reason for the stickers; whether they were holding cracks together or had some other significance. It's was a mystery to us.

We've now had some questions answered. Guess what made these smooth tracks along the sand late afternoon today? Yep, the bald tires of that very same truck!




Greg tells me it's a 1982 Chevy Blazer 4 x 4, assuming all 4 x 4 parts are still attached at least. Which made me think Greg should be proud that a General Motors vehicle was still working after all those years, but I kept that comment to myself.

The people in the vehicle pulled up to a boat, and then dragged it down to the water's edge.




I laugh at this photo, as the girl getting in is still holding onto her drink with one hand. I'd need two hands, and most likely help from others. Oh to be young again!




As is the friendly way in Mexico, it wasn't long before people went to help launch the boat.




It didn't take long for a good sized wave to come in and with everyone's help, they were on their way.




We then watched a surfer for a while.




Then two more came along. I thought perhaps they wouldn't go out, as she wasn't too happy about the temperature of the water.




I mentioned to Greg the bottom of her swimsuit was quite skimpy, but he didn't agree. He said it was just fine!

We arrived at the beach late in the day to avoid the afternoon sun. I'm not sure how long this man had been there, but it was obviously time for a nap when we walked by. He had formed a good sized pillow with the sand and didn't move a muscle.




I wonder if he minds drinking warm beer? Hey, at less than $1 US for that Corona, hopefully he can afford to replace it with a cold one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Location: Lo de Marcos, Nayarit, Mexico
Weather: High of 80ºF (27ºC), low of 71ºF (22ºC)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







No comments:

Post a Comment