Tuesday, February 2, 2016

This Ford will outlast any GM, but it won't get too far!

When we booked this trip we were well aware we would be staying in modest accommodations. What did surprise me, however, is the intricacy of the tiling in the bathroom. We daily shower with ...



a large mermaid (Greg loves that!)


a half-moon


and an Orca whale.

Most days we also pass a public display of similar tile work. It is typical for Mexican towns to have a central park, “El Centro”, where local people gather for events and activities. In a previous post, I showed the entranceway to this park, with the gazebo behind. There’s also a bandstand.


What puzzles me is why there is also a ceramic-tiled car.


Today we took a closer look at it.


Does it look like Greg's having fun? I think so!


Many of you know Greg is a General Motors retiree. The last thing he wants is to be caught driving a car made by a competitor auto company. Check out the plates.


Yep, he's driving a Ford! I'm sure his GM buddies would have some jokes about the fact the car isn't drivable though.


He wanted me to join him inside, with his other passengers, but I declined. I agreed to pose outside though.


He also had me take close-up photos of various parts, as he was so taken by the whole thing. I deleted those photos though, as it was a bit too much car stuff for me.

I’ll close with my usual - a display of local flowers.



We passed a group of lily ponds outside a hotel/RV complex at the beach. The lillies had such vibrant colours, and were just beautiful. Being a pond owner, Greg pointed out the snails too, but I passed on taking photos of those!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Location: Lo de Marcos, Nayarit, Mexico
Weather: High of 73ºF (23ºC), low of 68ºF (20ºC)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. I thought you'd like those water lilies... beautiful, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete