Friday, March 31, 2017

Remembering places and faces

Our thanks to those of you who have contacted us to make sure we were not in the area of the Cyclone Debbie and its aftermath. That weather happened some distance north of us in the neighbouring state of Queensland, although some areas of northern New South Wales were also affected. We're in south NSW. As is usual for us, we did have lots of rain during that time, but nothing to the extent of Cyclone Debbie.



I received this photo a few days ago, along with a message from Molly (seen in the photo). Molly lives at one of our previous house sits, and news reports showed that her home (and homeowners, of course) were in the path of the flooding. I checked with the owners to get an update and received this photo, along with a message from Molly that she was sending a kiss to let us know she was fine. How sweet :)

During our rainy days at our current home, I read something that I feel is pertinent to our Australian adventure:

“I’ve always wanted to travel” she admitted … “It must be nice, having that chance.”
“It is, at times. But believe it or not, what I most enjoy is meeting new people. And when I look back on the places I’ve gone, more often than not I see faces, not things.”

True Believer, Nicholas Sparks

Our online photo album has thousands of photos of where we've travelled and places we've seen. What we remember the most, however, are the homeowners and pets we've met. Australians have been amazingly warm and friendly to us, and we're so grateful for that.

Note: We get the prior approval of pet owners before posting photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment