Saturday, December 31, 2016

Hauʻoli makahiki hou

My apology to any Hawaiians, if my title is not correct. I relied on Google translate, which is not always accurate.




Happy New Year to all who read this blog. Special thanks to those who have been with me since 2014, when I first started blogging.

For those, like me, who enjoy trivia and statistical information (OK, I may be in the minority!), here are some facts for this blog:



In 2016, 24 countries were added to the list:

Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Columbia, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, Greece, Hong Kong, Iraq, Jamaica, Laos, Latvia, Moldova, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, UAE

Since 2014, this blog has reached 60 countries - more than I ever imagined, that's for sure!

I've told myself I can stop logging this now, but, knowing me, I'll still keep recording new countries. It's tough to change my spots at this stage of life - in my "golden years".

Greg and I wish everyone a happy and healthy 2017. We'll keep blogging next year, and we hope people will enjoy reading about our travels and house sitting adventures.




We saw these bird of paradise in our yard this week. Greg commented that the old and the new were side-by-side. I thought it would be appropriate for the year's end, as we say goodbye to 2016 and welcome a fresh and bright 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment