Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Why is Jennifer Lopez sitting on my husband's lap?

Greg and I have not been doing a very good job lately. Oh, I don't mean in the house and pet sitting area. In fact, our most recent homeowner asked us to let her know when we'd next be in the area and she'd book a trip to accommodate our schedule. Now that's a compliment!

However, lately we haven't been active in our "have sheep, will travel" mission. For those not familiar with this goal, please read the "Here's my story" section of the blog. We brought three of the larger sheep with us from Canada, given we were travelling by car, rather than flying. While we were in the Phoenix area, Greg also "adopted" three smaller ones. 


From left to right: Savvy, Zena, Posh, Fluffly, Grouchy & Bugsy

So far in this journey, we haven't found a needy home for these sheep, hence the reason I say we're not doing a very good job.

Yesterday, we moved from Arizona to Mexico, and yes, the sheep came with us. So my idea of bringing the bigger ones on car journeys didn't pan out. All I can say is one of our carryon pieces of luggage was stuffed full of stuffed sheep!

If you noticed the title of this post - and for some of you, that's why you're reading this - you may be wondering where Jennifer Lopez comes into the picture. Well, here she is, on the cover of the American Airlines magazine. Sorry if that disappoints anyone ... including my husband, Greg! 




So, why did I take that photo? ... not because of Jennifer, but rather to show the age of the plane for yesterday's flight to Mexico. Can you see what gives it away? When I saw the ashtray in the armrest, I was a little concerned. However, we arrived safely, and were met by our friends Sharon and Bill. 

We first met Sharon and Bill during our 2013/14 snow birding trip to Costa Rica. We made a point to meet up with them on our travels last year, that time in Louisiana. More of that story in last year's post, in Travelling the Creole Nature Trail. Sharon's travel blog gave me the idea to start this blog, and I've continued to follow hers ever since. When I read they were wintering in Mexico this year, it was an easy decision to take time out to follow their trail. It's the third year in a row now, so they may be getting a sense we're stalking them. They don't seem to mind though!

In English: I like Mexico!

More to follow about Mexico in later blogs. No house sit here, just a vacation. In case Jennifer is looking for Greg, we're in Lo de Marcos, a small coastal town just north of Puerto Vallarta, and we'll be here for six weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Location: Lo de Marcos, Nayarit, Mexico
Weather: 79ºF (26ºC) at 2 pm
Forecast: High of 79ºF (26ºC), low of 69ºF (21ºC)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. So happy you are here.... Bill might be disappointed that Jennifer didn't come with you, but I know we'll have a great time anyway.

    ReplyDelete