Friday, January 1, 2016

Looking Back at 2015: "My New Year's Challenge to You"

This blog has passed its one-year milestone, and since I've had requests to continue it, I will. I also enjoy doing it - most days - and I certainly enjoy receiving the compliments.

 
Not one of our pet sits, by the way


So, one year ago today, I wrote the blog, "My New Year's Challenge to You". At that point, one month into doing the blog, it had reached 10 countries. I asked that you help share it with other countries, to see just how must of this world we could cover. I didn't make any resolutions or goals, so I didn't set myself up for disappointment. On the contrary, I'm very pleased with just how far this blog has travelled. According to the records on this site, it has now reached 36 countries:







That's cause for fireworks, I believe, seen here over my hometown of Niagara Falls, Canada.





I often wonder ... who reads this? ... does anyone really read this? ... is it too short? ... is it too long? blah, blah, blah ... the list could go on and on. Writing this initially started as somewhat of a "group email" to family and friends. However, it's morphed into so much more. For example, with my mum passing away this year, it was at times therapeutic to write some of the family posts. I am someone who is more open with my feelings in writing than I perhaps am in person. This gave me the opportunity to give thanks and credit where I felt it was due. It was a great outlet for that, which was unexpected.





Thanks to all of you - both far and near - friends, family, and strangers, for reading this post, and perhaps the 140+ that came before it. And yes, I have readers who have been with me since the first post. Let's look forward to "our" travels in 2016, wherever they may take us!

4 comments:

  1. What? Wales isn't represented in your 36 countries! Or is it included in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's included in the UK. Hopefully SOMEONE in my family and friends at home in Wales reads this!

      Delete
  2. I love traveling with you, keep it up,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. I enjoy reading your travels in Sharon’s blog too.

      Delete