Friday, December 26, 2014

Just another day in paradise!

We're living in a gated community that has resort-like surroundings. It's just beautiful. A positive, that's for sure. Check out this promotional video,



A negative is that sometimes it seems pointless to venture out beyond the community. We're living in a comfortable beautiful home, we have all our Apple-geek products and Play Station toys, and a dog who is so much fun ... well, most of the time. Today, with her head plopped on the pillow, she looked a little sad to us.
Maybe she's looking for her owners?
Add regular long walks to our daily schedule (and maybe a catnap for Greg, if truth be told) and our days are filled.

Today I decided that, for a change of pace, it was time to go shopping. Boxing Day doesn't exist in America, so we weren't necessarily expecting any big sales. The traffic volume was high, but there's a great infrastructure here and so, with the help of our phone and google maps, we found a good-sized mall.


This road sign is a good indicator of the size of the roads here, and most are oh-so-long and straight.

After a couple of stores (and a couple of pairs of shoes!) we made our way home again. So, I've had my fix of shopping for a while, and it's back to the peace and tranquility of our community. It's so easy for us to see why we are content staying close to home.

Oh, and while shopping I talked Greg out of buying a stuffed sheep that was a BIG sheep! It would have needed its own seat in the car!

Today's blog has taken longer than usual for me to create. As I was typing, Fanci kept flipping my hand up, wanting me to pet her. Then she snuggled into me ... and laid her head on the keyboard! 


At least I have an excuse for any typing mistakes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment