Friday, January 23, 2015

A quiet day at the casita

We're comfortably settled into our new home. Last night I enjoyed a glass of wine by a nice fire built by my lovely husband. Today we woke to temperatures not much above freezing. Brrr!

We didn't venture out today, other than to spend some time on the patio. There are bird feeders here, and the homeowners left us some bird books. Who knows, I may even improve upon my limited knowledge of birds. Today we saw a male and female Gila woodpecker, and some American goldfinches. Well, more birds did visit, but those are the only ones I can identify so far!


Greg's been getting to know our new boss, Tagine.


As I've said, we're on the outskirts of the city. Here's our view from the rear of the home,


and from the front entrance, it's not much different; more Saguaro cactus!


Tagine has been training Greg and, as you can see, is doing a great job.


Tomorrow we'll start exploring the area. We understand there are lots of great places to hike ... and the weather forecast calls for warmer weather. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment