Sunday, March 15, 2015

Our "one-in, one-out" rule

Many who know us can vouch for the fact that Greg and I are the opposite of hoarders; we are moving towards being minimalists. One rule we have always tried to live by is "one-in, one-out". For example, when I recently bought three new tops at my beloved TJ Maxx, I then had to donate three (in fact I sent four) to charity. As an aside, I don't think Greg's followed our rule for the many t-shirts he's bought along the way!

Now for a confession. Many people hug a pillow to help them sleep, but my pillow equivalent is a cuddly sheep. So, on this journey, it's been Kitty (bought at a cat rescue shop in Wales).

Kitty, in her prime

So, why am I introducing you to Kitty now? Well, I've had to remember to hide her from our four-legged friends, as she looks very much like a desirable dog toy. We've rescued her from other dogs more than once on this journey. She's also recently been gently loved by Harley, and so each day I keep her out of his reach. Today I forgot. and so when we leave, Kitty will stay here. He can't have her now, as it's just too painful for me to watch! Check out the bad hair day on Kitty now! Greg will say that's from sleeping with me, and I will admit to having put her in the washer more than once too.



So why am I ready to let go of Kitty now (besides her having been slobbered on)? Well, the one-in, one-out rule. We recently adopted Sunny from an Easter display at a local Safeway store.




Sunny is about twice the size of Kitty. Whether or not I sleep with Sunny will remain a secret, for now at least. Oh, and right now he's hidden from Harley ... just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment