Thursday, April 9, 2015

Kids and signs say the darndest things!

We enjoyed a nice drive today, without the help of a GPS or Tripadvisor. Greg hugged the streets bordering the inland waters and we found lots of spots to take in the views. At one stop we saw lots of fish jumping high out of the water, at times maybe 10 jumping at once. Very cool.

Greg, happy to be visiting yet another air museum

We found ourselves passing the Air Force Armament Museum at Eglin Air Force Base. See the letters MOAB on the missile below? I had to rely on Google to help me with that, but a gold star to you if you know either the official name or the common one ... without using Google!



Inside the museum I watched an elderly lady spending time with a boy around 5 years of age. The boy was sitting in an F15 trainer. The lady explained to the boy that, before the plane flew, the pilot would use a lever to lower the cockpit canopy. The boy quickly checked in front and responded with "which lever? and "Is it battery-operated?" I guess he was ready for take off!

Inside the museum, we saw this missile you see below. Notice there's something written on the left (front) end of it?


"Danger. Do not walk in front of pod". Somehow I found that funny that someone needed to be told that.


Other things I found funny today? Well, someone wanting to have a British "phone box" in their front yard ...


and the name of this restaurant ...


and the name of a boat in the harbour (sorry, no photo) ...

POUR INTENTIONS

I so wanted to ask the owners how they decided on that name! Then there was the sign outside a restaurant (sorry, no photo) ...

HELP WANTED
KEY LIME PIES

Maybe it's just my sense of humour, but what help can a key lime pie give?




OK, enough of my strange sense of humour (or is that humor, given that we're in the USA?). I'm closing with a sweet flower we saw on a beautiful sunny day. Spring in all its glory.

2 comments:

  1. We're sign readers too. I think my favorite is still "Tattoos done while you wait".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilarious! We also love to read the signs in front of churches too.

      Delete