Monday, April 20, 2015

Good friendships last much longer than good chocolate

One of the simple pleasures of returning home is catching up with long-time friends. I mean the type of friends you know you can rely on for anything, even if what you're asking for might be inconvenient; they'll do their best to help you anyway. We are fortunate to have a number of such friends.

Creative Commons License

So Saturday we caught up with one friend, who told me he has a box of my favourite Chicago Fanny May chocolates for me. I must get over to his home soon!

Today we saw other friends, and of course all our friends know of our love of sheep. So, I was given this Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory sheep. Apparently when our friend was told they were making sheep for Easter, he made a special trip to get one for me (sorry, Greg, it's for me). So, here he is, and yes, I named him ... Rocky, of course!

Poor Rocky only has one eye, but I'll love him anyway

Dedicated friends are a precious treasure that enriches our lives, and Greg and I are very grateful to have such friends. As for Rocky, well, the Have sheep, will travel doesn't apply to him. He won't be travelling too far - in fact, he may just disappear very soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment