Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The wildlife of Okaloosa Island

Yesterday we ignored the overcast weather and went for a drive and a walk at one of the shorelines that faces into the bay from Okaloosa Island. The water is quieter there, and also has more wildlife.



When this bird landed, it didn't seem to be bothered by us walking along the shore. He was foraging for nesting materials, but discarded almost everything he picked up.

I walked along the water's edge, taking photos, and again he basically ignored me.



Even at a distance, Greg commented on the size of his feet. I later went to see his tracks in the sand. Yep, size 6 ladies would fit him!


It's now Wednesday morning, the first day of our journey back to Canada. If I see anything noteworthy in our travels, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment