Monday, April 6, 2015

Time ... one of the benefits of retirement

We initially booked our condo for one week, which would mean we'd be leaving this coming Wednesday morning. Greg had suggested that perhaps it would be wise to stay longer, but I said I preferred to go home.

A reminder of the reason we came here

So, yesterday I sent some emails to friends, letting them know when they could expect us back in Niagara. Quite quickly I had responses from at least three people, asking if I realized that it really hadn't started to warm up yet. I heard tales of light snow, expected ice ... you name it. I had to admit I needed to give this more thought.

A reminder of a reasons why we should stay

So, the end result is that we've booked another week at this condo. The owner was extremely generous with the rate, and so Greg is happy to work away at tuning the place up and doing minor maintenance tasks (with the owner's approval, who doesn't live locally). My afternoon date today with my husband? ... you guessed it ... Lowe's!

Greg said I must be desperate if I'm taking photos of his feet for the blog!

Besides, we can't leave yet as we need to spend some time on Greg's tan lines. It's not exactly a farmer's tan, but he obviously wears sandals. We need to incorporate daily walks barefoot on the beach to fix those feet, but I'm sure that can be worked into our schedule.

Stay warm, my friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment