Monday, December 14, 2015

Being grateful, on a cool rainy day

In my previous post, I compared the Phoenix, Arizona temperatures to our hometown of Niagara Falls, Canada. A little disheartened, I realized the daytime temperatures weren't that far apart. Yet we have come to Arizona for the warmth and sunshine. Here's a photo outside today, once the rain had eased up. The temperature at 8:30 am is 44 F (7 Celsius).





So, why am I so grateful, you ask?

  1. My husband repeatedly tells me that Arizona needs the rain, given that it's the desert. Most days I can't be that generous in my thoughts, but today I can see his point. So, Arizona lands, appreciate and enjoy today's soaking! 
  2. Just 10 days ago, on our journey here, we stayed overnight in Richmond, Indiana. At the gas station, noticing our Ontario vehicle plates, a lady chatted with me about our travels. She commented that we were fortunate we hadn't passed through the previous week. Apparently the area was iced over and driving was extremely hazardous. Whew, I'm grateful we avoided that, especially as we were on a housesit in St. Thomas, USVI, enjoying beautiful weather.
  3. Just 6 days ago, we passed through Flagstaff, Arizona. It was above freezing, dry roads, and sunshine. The views were beautiful. Today's news for Flagstaff advises of closed schools, due to the forecast of heavy snow and winds. The traffic reports warn of closed roads and significant delays because of major accidents. I'm sorry for those involved in these accidents and delays, but again I'm grateful we missed that too.
  4. What else am I grateful for? So many things ... my relatively good health, my comfortable life, my husband [Greg reads this so I had to put that in, but it is true :) ], my experiences while travelling with the house sitting ... and for countless other things too.
  5. So, on this dreary cool day, with a forecast of lower-than-usual temperatures to continue for most of this week ... I'm grateful to be in Arizona, patiently (well, I'll try at least) waiting for the warmer sunny weather to return!




Oh, and I'm grateful for Fanci's company too, seen here relaxing while Greg brushes her. What a wonderful dog with a beautiful temperament. I'll need to be grateful and "appreciate" the weather today, as I take her for a cool walk :)




Follow us on Twitter @RUtravellers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current location: Peoria, Arizona, USA
Housesit: Fanci, a small standard poodle
Weather: 44ºF (7ºC) at 8:30 am - high of 53ºF (12ºC)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reminder: We have the prior approval of owners before posting photos of their homes or pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment