Saturday, December 12, 2015

New Movie Sequel: The Hunt for Red "December"

Earlier this year we house sat in Tucson, in the Catalina Foothills. We saw some beautiful sunsets, and I did a post about it, "The Old Adage of Red Sky at Night".

The reason I mention this is that tonight's sky had a patch or two of dramatic colour in it. It was more vibrant than it shows here, and there were definitely patches of pink/red.



So, was it a "red sky at night ... shepherd's / sailor's delight"? (check my post, "Red sky at night ... whose delight?", for an explanation as to the shepherd / sailor reference). Well, I think it might be a stretch to say it was red, but I'm hopeful.

Here's the long-range weather forecast for where we currently live:


And here's the forecast for our hometown of Niagara Falls, Canada:



Not much difference in daytime temperatures really. I guess that outdoor pool at the clubhouse will have to wait a while to see me in it. I'm looking forward to next Saturday though, with a projected high of 70 F.

Never mind, when we were in California in January, I bought a nice lightweight jacket for just this type of weather. Where is it? Of course, it's in Canada, because I convinced myself I wouldn't need it! We are minimalist packers, but I think I took that a little too far this time. I guess I'll resort to the idea of layering clothes. If I look a few pounds heavier in photos, just tell yourself it's the layering, not any overindulging in food!

I'll finish with another splash of red colour. Yesterday on our walk we noticed this tree cascading over a wall.




Up close, the berries just looked like a Christmas decoration to me.



Once again, nature gives us a beautiful splash of red. I'm hoping that red sky was enough to turn this weather around too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Location: Peoria, Arizona, USA
Housesit: a small standard poodle, Fanci
Weather: 60ºF/16ºC - cloudy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. I love those flowers and bushes... so colorful! It's the colors... and the temps that I'm SO looking forward to soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, enjoy your time in Mexico this winter. You never know, you may see us again this winter :) We still have a few weeks open with no house sits, so we'll no doubt have wanderlust!

      Delete