Thursday, December 10, 2015

Taking a closer look at nature's beauty

I've now been writing this blog for over a year. I'm thrilled to say that some followers have been with me since the beginning. The complication with that is, given we're currently repeating a house sit we did twice last year, it poses a problem in that I don't want to repeat last year's content. However, chances are we'll repeat many of the things we did last year. It'll be a challenge.

For those who are new to the blog, I'll give a short introduction. We're living at Trilogy at Vistancia, in Peoria, Arizona. For those on Twitter, take a look at @TrilogyAZ. It's beautiful. It's like living at a 5-star resort, but you have your own home too. We are so happy to be here. Take a look at the current promotional video for this community.





On our walk with Fanci in the community today, we went off into the more naturalized areas. We noticed the blooms on this bush,




which, up close, looked even more interesting.

Yes, that's Greg lurking in the background!

A little further on, I saw another similar blossom, but I'm not sure if it's the same plant. The colouring is a little different.



Beautiful lines of nature at its best.

I've been asked for details of the journey here from Canada. It was mapped out as a 33-hour journey (at the speed limit, of course!). I'm not sure how many hours driving time we actually logged. The route was to cover 2300 miles, and given that, unlike our recent time in St. Thomas, we didn't get lost along the way, I'll assume it was close to that. The cost in gas (petrol) was about $150 U.S. ($182 Canadian, £99 Sterling), which we feel was very reasonable. Greg's proud of the performance of our Buick Encore!

Our day wouldn't be complete without a photo of our friend, Fanci. Fanci loves to chase rabbits, but on today's mid-day walk she wasn't very successful. Greg found this solution ...




Good find, Greg!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current location: Peoria, Arizona, USA
Housesitting: 1 dog, Fanci
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reminder: We have the prior approval of the pet owners before posting photos of their homes or pets.





1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry about repeating information... if any of your other "old" readers are like me, we could use a little memory refresher now and then. It's always fun to relive those times.

    ReplyDelete