Friday, December 11, 2015

Sherlock Holmes, where are you?

On a rather dull weather, cool day, we went for a walk with Fanci today. We went outside of the gated community, and walked the scrubland area. We were last here in February, and, like many places, new housing development is progressively expanding the residential areas.

The area we first walked today was undeveloped at the time of our last visit. If you look at the section of a map near the end of this blog post, you'll see in the lower left area how housing has been approved. Here are photos of it today, taken from the street-side, over the wall surrounding the neighbourhood:


A concrete pad for a new house - no basements here

Windows and doors were being installed as we walked by

As an aside, amongst every construction worker I've come across in this area, all are speaking Spanish. They seem to be the predominant construction workforce here. As we walked near this house under construction, Latino music was playing on the worksite.

We then crossed back over and walked behind the Vistancia community. A new road has been roughed in. We walked the road, and it skirted the outer west edge of the community, but we didn't go to the end, so we don't know how far it goes, or where it goes. We did come across one solitary cactus remaining in the centre of the road. I wondered whether it will survive the development of the land, and how many others were removed to benefit progress.




My husband, who some refer to as "Scouter Greg", couldn't resist looking at the workings of the pipes lining the edge of the roughed-in road. There were valves at various intervals, and when he saw discarded parts, he had to have a closer look.



He then took time to explain the mechanics of the valves to me. Wow, he certainly knows how to romance a girl!

As we walked back, we came across some signs, facing the other direction. As we went to the other side to read them, here's what one said:



Oops! Too late. However, we were curious to know more about Arizona Trust Land. Thanks to my friend, Google, I was able to find out more. It did take some investigative work, and I'm still not sure what I really unearthed, but I'll share it here anyway.

The Arizona State Land Department serves "Arizona's Schools & Public Institutions Since 1915". Once I read that, I assumed a school is being built (what a genius!), but that may not be the case. I did more reading, and then went to the Parcel Viewer, to find this area of land. Take a look at the section of the map for our area:



You'll see a parcel of land in a solid mauve colour, with Trilogy Golf Club at Vistancia in green above it. This small parcel is the area we had been (illegally) walking. When I clicked on the parcels with the blue narrow lines, they showed as "unleased". When I clicked on the one with the solid mauve colour, I saw this information.



My friend Google was no help to me this time. I couldn't find out anything more. The (in)famous Jeffrey I McGuire managed to elude me. So, you amateur sleuths out there, if you find out anything more, please post a comment at the end of this post. My only other option is to come back again next year and see what develops!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current location: Peoria, Arizona, USA
Housesitting: 1 dog, Fanci
Weather: 55ºF/13ºC - cloudy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reminder: We have the prior approval of the pet owners before posting photos of their homes or pets.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think you already know that you're a girl after my own heart... and Greg and Bill could have been cloned... so.... you're blog today was especially interesting. (heck, they all are)... but since I've already had a couple glasses of wine (don't tell Greg) I'll give this all some more thought tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete