Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Joys of Tweets & Texts!

So, my focus lately has been on the (poor) weather here in the Phoenix, Arizona area. 

Here's this morning's local weather update on Twitter:





They could have softened the blow a little. I almost stopped following them on Twitter.

But it gets worse. Yesterday, I received an email from our friends who are house sitting for us ... while we snowbird, "to escape the cold Canadian winter", as I always say. Here's their photo of the outside thermometer on our deck in Canada:



 Ouch!

To add insult to injury, my closest friend there also sent me the following text yesterday:

"It was 20 degrees warmer here than you today"

Again, he could have softened the blow a little. He did later add "LOL I'm sure you will be warmer than us soon". I hope he's right!





Finally, a silly story. People often talk about couples who text each other while in their home, rather than speak to each other. This morning, while I was up and Greg and Fanci were still in bed, I received the following iMessage:


Wow, we certainly are pet sitting a very smart dog!

Follow us on Twitter @RUtravellers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current location: Peoria, Arizona, USA
Housesit: Fanci, a small standard poodle
Weather: currently 49ºF (9ºC) at 1 pm
Forecast: high of 52ºF (11ºC) low of 35ºF (2ºC)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reminder: We have the prior approval of owners before posting photos and/or stories of their homes or pets.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is back to normal today... don't know what happened yesterday. Anyway, there seem to be several places for rent here in Lo de Marcus... we'll see what's around. I'll be writing about our place... it has some problems but nothing we can't handle. More later... (it IS warm here)

    ReplyDelete