Friday, February 27, 2015

A snowbird saga update ...

By the end of today, we will have travelled 6000 miles on this adventure. After almost 12 weeks on the road (and sea), here are my reflections:
  • I do like Phoenix, because it's so clean, and pretty, and well laid-out for driving
  • I so want to call it "Pleasantville" here, as most people in the neighbourhood wave, smile, and say hello ... even when they're in their cars!
  • In fact, there's not much I don't like about Arizona
  • I've learned that when the road is marked as "a scenic drive", chances are it will be curvy, winding roads, which I don't particularly like.
  • I miss face-to-face time with our friends ... and FaceTime doesn't count! Although I consider myself a loner, I value the friendships I have where I can count on someone to listen - whether it's about good, bad, or nothing in particular. I also miss being there for my friends in return.
  • I miss our chiropractor, who keeps our aches and pains in check, and who is always there when we call on him for help, even at a distance.
  • I DO NOT miss the cold and snowy weather in Canada!

I'm sure there's more, but that's all for now.

Remember the rain earlier this week? Below are comparison photos of the same bush, taken three days apart, after this week's rainfall. The blooms are opening beautifully.

Feb 24th on left     -     Feb 27th on right

You may remember that my new year's challenge was for this blog to travel to as many countries as possible. By the end of January we'd reached:

Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Philippines, Russia, South Korea, Spain, U.K., U.S.A., Vietnam

And February? ... add to the list Cuba, Estonia, and Israel. This blog is taking quite a journey too!

No comments:

Post a Comment